[WriteLog] Audio Record to file

Robert Carroll rlcarroll at patmedia.net
Sun Mar 6 17:06:27 EST 2005

Gary,

I reported this one a few months back.  Never could fix it.  But after a
couple of months of frustration I had a failure of my mirrored RAID
configuration.  Dell sent techs to the house twice working on it and
eventually had to replace one of the drives.  They could not recover data
from the other, which was physically undamaged.  So much for the insurance
of mirrored drives in that case.  But I supposed every cloud has a silver
lining.  When I reinstalled Writelog the magic self-clearing box no longer
cleared itself, and all worked well with the recording loop.

I have visited a ham with the same problem and worked with another by email
who had the identical one.  None of us ever had any success in fixing it
prior to my disk meltdown.  I spoke with Ron about it and he could not find
anything either and could not imagine how the box was clearing itself.

Bob W2WG