[WriteLog] Four serial port PCI Board $29 shipped

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Thu Mar 10 09:01:03 EST 2005

Did this boards software allow you to specify what COM ports it would
create?  For example, if your computer has 1 built in COM port (COM1),
then it would be nice to create COM2,3,4 and 5 using this board.  But it
that is not possible, then perhaps 5,6,7,8.

One difficulty with some add in com boards is that they end up with very
unusual port numbers, often higher than typical application software
will support.  I have seen this happen both with add in cards and with
the USB to Serial adapter cables.

Often you can dig around and find a solution, but if the manfacturer is
considerate they will document how to resolve this issue.

Does SYBA document a solution to this?

Ron, N5IN