[WriteLog] Friend.ini

K6VVA dx35 at hilding.com
Tue Mar 15 20:41:39 EST 2005

Dick, W7ZR inquired:

 > I never got an answer so please let me try again.  Is there a way to
 > call up the friend.ini file in a ssb contest?

Now you've got me interested as well...on how to use this on a
fully-automated basis along with an exchange *IF* an entry exists for the
callsign and *IF* a prerecorded name.wav file exists.

(Example)  W7ZR {Hi Dick} 59 California

This would be very cool, and simple to pull out all the common player names
from the logs of maybe NAQP, etc.  Gotta be a lot of Bob, Dan, Dick, etc.
names so not much pre-recording to be done :-)

73...

Rick, K6VVA