[WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 27, Issue 22

Art Searle W2NRA w2nra at optonline.net
Sun Mar 20 11:43:40 EST 2005

Hi

Hi Gert,

I also have the latest version of that kit and I've had no trouble with it.

My settings are as follows:

Port Setup window:
Com1 checked under CW, Rig Type = No Rig, Baud Rate = AUTO, Poll is
checked, Com PTT YES

All mode PTT on CW port RTS is checked

CW keyer type = K1EL Winkey

CW PTT... sub-window:
under CW PTT Setup - On LPT pin 16/COMM RTS is checked.

Of course you'll have to add a PTT line to the WinKey kit.  This jack is
not include with the kit.  I used a mini-mono jack for this.  If you
bought the enclosure it doesn't come with a hole for the PTT jack.  I
mounted the mini-mono jack in the rear upper corner of the enclosure.

Good luck with the keyer,

73,

Art
W2NRA