[WriteLog] Rttyrite window closes when starting MMTTY

Gordon LaPoint n1mgo at arrl.net
Thu May 26 15:08:25 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 09:19, Lloyd S. Smith wrote:
> I am posting this message again to make sure I am explaining it correctly.  A few words have been changed.
> I have the newest version of Writelog, 10.54c and MMTTY engine 165B and I cannot get them to work.
> When I select the MMTTY mode, the MMTTY window  starts to open and Rttyrite closes with the Microsoft
> error message box apologizing for the fact that rttyrite has to close.
> I close that window and MMTTY continues to load and run, but of course I cannot see what's coming
> in because there is no Rttyrite running.  I have tried everything I can think of including uninstalling
> everything and reinstalling everything three times.  Has anyone else had this problem?
> I have also started with a fresh writelog.ini file and I even deleted the rttyrite entry so that it
> would be rewritten, to no avail.
>
> Guess what?  I just tried to install everything on my new laptop and the exact same thing happens.
> So there is either a bug in the newest version of MMTTY or RTTYRITE  Someone was saying that version 1.62 of
> MMTTY is a very good and stable version.  Does anyone know where I can get that version of the engine?
> I would also be interested in knowing if anyone out there has the same versions of these two programs up
> and running with the Windows XP Home OS
>
> Thanks, Lloyd
> NX4W
Lloyd,
   I have found this problem to be pretty common when setting up MMTTY
for the first time with Rttyrite.
I get it going by deleting all of the rttyrite related sections of
writelog.ini, after closing  writelog and any running mmtty engines
down.  Then start writelog up again, get rttyrite working BEFORE trying
to get mmtty running. Then following the directions on Don's pages
(AA5AU) will get it running.  The key is to get all the rttyrite
sections out of the writelog.ini then starting over.
  I have had this problem with 165B, 165D and the older 1.62 versions of
mmtty, and with versions of writelog going back to 10.4??  something. It
is not a new problem and is solvable.
I have seen the problem on Windows 98se and XP and XP with SP2, so it is
not any one version of any of the programs, it is very definitely a
problem with something in the setup in writelog.ini
I do lots of rtty contesting and have setup many other hams systems for
rtty with writelog and mmtty, it does work!!

--
Gordon - N1MGO
n1mgo at arrl.net