[WriteLog] USB cw

WB3LGC@aol.com WB3LGC at aol.com
Sun May 29 10:00:31 EDT 2005

It isn't the USB as much as the driver...  I have been using a  microHAM USB
interface with good luck this weekend.  See
_http://www.microham.com/USB%20interfaces.html_ (http://www.microham.com/USB%20interfaces.html) .   When it
first came out, the USB driver had problems (the same as you  noted)  the computer
generated cw was useless...   They  (microHAM) created a new driver and this
weekend I have had a chance to use  it in the CQ WW WPX CW contest.  I have
had few if any request for  repeat.  It works great and sounds great (at 28wpm).
 Now if only  writelog would do a better job of decoding the received cw...
and yes, I  have heard some very poor generated cw.

btw, I am using only the cw functions (function keys, keyboard, and decode)
within writelog.  microHAM provides only the virtual COM port to the key
input on the rig.  I also use the serial link to the rig (read  frequency).

73, Steve - wb3lgc

In a message dated 5/28/2005 12:02:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,