[WriteLog] [RTTY] The QTC after a contact situation

Barry w2up at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 16 14:15:24 EST 2005

I've operated WAE for many years (even before computer logging!) and
the QTC issue has never been a problem.  It's fairly common for
stations worked early in the contest to come back and ask for QTCs on
Sunday.  A similar circumstance is you only had 5 QTCs when the
station was first worked, and he comes back later for another 5.

In both cases, I just log the call again (which is a dupe), then go
to the QTC window to do my thing.

It doesn't matter that the main log is littered with dupes.  Log
checking is automated, and I'm sure the software doesn't care :.)  If
you look at the QTC file, you'll see the info that goes along with it
clearly identifies the station sent/rcvd QTC.  There is no indication
in the QTC file whether a valid QSO or a dupe occurred in the main
log.

While your log may not win the "prettiest log" award, it's certainly
acceptible and within the rules, similar to the duplicate serial
numbers that occur from time to time in SO2R and multi operations.
73,
Barry W2UP