[WriteLog] Fwd: WL Soundcard Mixer FRUSTRATION

Bob Naumann - W5OV W5OV at W5OV.com
Fri Nov 18 08:28:41 EST 2005

Rick,

While I know you know what you're doing, it seems excessively complex to
this reader.

The DAD box "needs" PTT off of the LOT port to operate properly.  It tells
the DAD when to switch things automatically from one rig to the other (like
headphones etc.) in addition to causing the target radio to actually
transmit.

I think you would have much more success if you looked at this from a "only
use PTT" perspective instead which would be a controlled PTT of your
transmitters, instead of VEX.

In addition, if you are doing SO2R, you only need one sound card.  By rule,
you can only transmit one signal at a time anyway.  The DXD switches it from
one radio to the other following the radio a/b toggle on the LPT port.

The audio chain should be:  Mic--> Soundcard --> DXD --> Radio mic input (A
or B depending on the LPT radio select pin).

73,

Bob W5OV