[WriteLog] SS packet spots

Richard Thorne rmthorne at cox.net
Wed Nov 23 07:00:36 EST 2005

I think this would be a tough one to fix.

During dx contests, Writelog (or any contesting program) uses the prefix of
the call to determine the country and sends the spot to the spot window
accrodingly.

During domestic contests there is no way for the program to know what state
or section the call sign is originating from.

The only way I could see fixing it is for Writelog to go to the FCC database
to get the qth.  But this would only help with the state, I don't think
there are any databases out there that include the section.  I guess the
other option would be for Writelog to have another database of calls with
sections and have the packet spots compared to the data base before the call
is placed in the spot window.

Either way its not gonna happen.  The only solution I know of is to keep the
packet window open so you can see the comments along with the callsign.

Rich - N5ZC