[WriteLog] Network Instability

Stan Staten stan.staten at verizon.net
Fri Nov 25 10:03:19 EST 2005

Sounds like a memory leak in W98.  I used to have this problem and found
a utility (if I recall right I was steered to it on the Wl reflector)
that would free up memory.  W98 does a poor job of releasing memory that
was in use but released by programs.  When W98 gets to the point that
there is little memory left to use it gets really funny and it sounds
like you are seeing that.  In short, if what I suspect is happening is
correct, it is an operating system glitch not one in WL.  Wish I could
recall the utility I used, but I have been using XP for some time and my
W98 memory is fading fast.  I did a Google search for "memory leak" and
got a whole bunch of stuff listed.

73 Stan, N3HS