[WriteLog] urgent writelog rigblaster plus cw rtty HELP

John E Bastin jbastin at sssnet.com
Thu Oct 6 11:31:01 EDT 2005

On Oct 5, 2005, at 8:58 AM, ve2lx wrote:

> Thank you so much to John for rapid help
> but I want answer fron other member of writelog group
> Reason: after I have bought the unit I spent almost 1.5 hrs on long
> distance
> call ( near $20 ) with rigblaster owner to be told there is no
> reason for
> the rigblaster plus not to work with all 3 jumpers on the board
> ( dtr for
> ptt... txd for rtty...and rts for cw) on that model.They
> ( RIGBLASTER ) say
> it is a problem of the WRITELOG software CONFIGURATION and it
> should accept
> these 3 jumpers at the same time.

W-e-l-l-l I hesitate to blame WriteLog, because I also use WinWarbler
for FSK when I'm not in a contest, and have the same experience with
that software.

The one thing both programs have in common is that they are both
using the MMTTY engine to generate FSK.

Perhaps we should look at the MMTTY configuration for a solution?

Once I worked out the hardware modification that I described, I had
my solution, so I quit looking. Perhaps now I will dig a little
deeper into the software to see if another solution to the problem
can be found there. I've got to believe that if the people at West
Mountain are so sure that it should work, they must have some
documented examples where it does.

> Urgent because I will return back the unit to Worldradio if it is not
> possible

Perhaps someone else on the list has made this setup work, and can
give us both another solution.

> help again from others writelog member
> VE2LX and, for VE2SB Daniel

John E Bastin, K8AJS