[WriteLog] Problem with CI-V & Writelog

montemerlo montemerlo at nnei.net
Sat Oct 15 23:02:22 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a new station setup and am experiencing a problem with Writelog & CI-
V. If anyone has a solution or can verify this as a bug, I’d appreciate it.

My station is ProIII- MicroHam Microkeyer-PW1 AMP- Steppir Vertical
controller-PC Portable Computer.

When running Writelog, I appear to be having some CI-V errors or collisions.

Here are three things I have tried:

	Baseline: SteppIR Controller is passive and MicroHam is set to not
Poll (box checked). I am using the latest release of Writelog (D)

1-	With ProIII CI-V Trancieve “On” and Writelog set for polling  the
station works but when tuning through a band via the radio, occasionally the
PW1 will switch bands momentarily and then reset to the original band.
Slow/fast movement doesn’t seem to matter. The Steppir appears to not have a
problem.
2-	With the ProIII CI-V Trancieve “On” and Writelog set for “No”
polling the radio and PW1 work fine but Writelog does not read the frequency
in the radio control, band map, or when a contact is logged (which I thought
it would from the help file) Not very usable!
3-	With the ProIII CI-V Trancieve “Off” and Writelog set for polling,
Writelog, radio, and Steppir track fine but the PW1 takes several seconds to
switch to a new frequency range or band.  Big problem since the amp can be
tuned to the wrong band when you transmit.

At first I thought it could be some hardware setup but I loaded my DX
application (DX Labs Commander etc) and it ran perfectly with polling turned
on and turned off. The PW1 never acted up.

Is something going on with how Writelog handles polling???

Thanks in advance

Bob KB1JZU
kb1jzu at arrl.net