[WriteLog] FT1000 older model and Interface RESISTORS?????

Don don.wsixffh at verizon.net
Fri Oct 21 22:07:55 EDT 2005

I think I can answer most of the questions being asked about the FT1000
interface. First of all, Connie, yes you can install the vers. 6.0 Eprom
yourself. I did it in 2002, but didn't write much down, so can't remember
how anymore. But if you order one from Yaesu (Vertek Standard), I'm sure it
would come with some kind of instructions. If not, and you're really
interested, I would be happy to call them (toll free for me, since I live
within 15 miles of them) and get it from a tech. there and relay to you. The
Eprom cost me $9.95 back then +sh/handling.

As to the questions being asked about a resistor, yes there is a fix for
older Eproms. I used that approach before I updated. Per Yaesu, a 2.7k (or
2k7) res. 1/4 watt ok, from Pin 2 (serial out) of the voltage converter
device (be it an FIF232C or homemade device like I used) to radio ground
should make it work, did for me.
For reference, The latest info I have on Vertek Standard is:
Vertek Standard
10900 Walker St.
Cypress CA 90630
Tele 1-714-827-7600