[WriteLog] New Contest Country Files - 23 October 2005

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Mon Oct 24 07:44:32 EDT 2005

>There was a problem with UA9S/UA9W in Writelog - they still came up
>as Zone 16 instead of Zone 17.
>I have put up a new WL_CTY.DAT on the web site to fix this:

I've already received several complaints.  I did in fact see the
posting on the CQ-Contest reflector but it doesn't change my mind:

*  CT and Writelog were DIFFERENT, now they are THE SAME.

*  All the UA9S/W stations send Zone 17 anyway, so the country files for both
    CT and Writelog ought to reflect this.

*  CT uses the CQ Zone to determine the continent for scoring purposes, so by
    putting them in Zone 17 (Asia) instead of Zone 16 (Europe), your
scoring during
    the contest will be correct.  I don't know how Writelog
determines the continent,
    but I'll bet it's the same.

*  You still have to log what the other station sent.  The zone in
the country file
    is only a SUGGESTION.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us