[WriteLog] LPT and XP

Mike k4gmh at arrl.net
Fri Sep 9 17:46:01 EDT 2005

Hello,

Thanks to all who were kind enough to offer ideas, comments,
suggestions, encouragement and hope in getting WL LPT to work with XP
on my computer.

The last piece of the puzzle was supplied by Ed, K4SB, who sent me a
copy of his Writelog.ini Ports configuration.  Rather than say what
was necessary (I don't know what exactly is "necessary") to get the
WL LPT to work with XP, the following is what I did:
    * DirectIO installed and followed the DirectIO WL configuration
instructions.
    * Print spooler turned off
    * Set up the LPT ports in WL.ini: LPT1=0x378, LPT2=0x0, LPT3=0x0
    * Printer not plugged into the computer
    * DX4Win installed again (a version already was installed
immediately after XP was installed)

Again, thanks to all who took the time to contribute to getting WL
LPT to work with XP on my computer.

         73,
         Mike, K4GMH