[WriteLog] Back safe and sound

Charles Morrison cfmorris at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 26 00:20:50 EDT 2005

Well, the tree trimming party has begun!

First off, thanks to everyone for the well wishes.  Lafayette, for the most
part, was spared.  As the news has shown, Lake Charles to Beaumont and south
were pretty smashed up.  Storm surge of course inundated the entire
Louisiana gulf coast, with much of the New Orleans area getting drowned
again.  Areas south and west of Lafayette were pretty soaked today as well.
We got some wind damage, mostly trees and limbs, but some total uproots.
Hurricane Lilly 3 years ago did most of the trimming for this city, so even
though the storm was worse, the damage was less.  Power still out to a few
places in the area, but back on here.  Trimmed trees here, next door and at
my girlfriends.  Managed to work a few of you in the contest today, was nice
to get back on.

I feel safe to say that Rohn 55 at 66 feet, a 4x4x4 block of concrete,
unguyed with a Force12 C4XL and a 2M9FM antenna on top, will survive
category 1 hurricane speeds.  I had bad visions of when Don showed me the
pictures of one of his towers on his neighbors.  Before I left, I brought my
generator (bought BEFORE lilly) to my neighbors, figured it'd soften the
blow of the tower coming through their ceiling.  Luckily it wasn't needed!

Now its time to help out the others and get their yards and houses cleaned
up.  We'll survive as usual.  Its just another thing down here.  I think we
should have a RTTY contestors party at Don's house to get his roof back on.
Tarps just aint gonna cut it here in South La.  Gotta get him some shingles!

Thanks again everyone!

73
Charlie
KI5XP