[WriteLog] WL in NCCC CQP and Backup et.al.

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Wed Sep 28 17:17:34 EDT 2005

I'll be using WL in our NCCC CQP this weekend (operating portable in  5x8
trailer), and have several questions.

1. I am using WL v10.52F on a new Notebook, and have v10.50D on the old
Notebook which I'd like to take as a backup computer.  God forbid, but if
the new one bites the dust, can I use the cpq.wl file in progress from
v10.52F in v10.50D (i.e., is it backwards compatible)???

2. Assuming 1,000+ QSOs (and for backup purposes), will saving the cqp.wl
file to a FLOPPY instead of the hard drive be too slow and bog things
down?  Obviously, if I have the cqp.wl file saved on a floppy, I can
(hopefully) load it up in the backup computer whereas I wouldn't be able to
get the file off a crashed hard drive in the main computer.

Here's hoping no Murphy strikes or solar flares (at least until *after* the
CQP ends :-)

Tnx & 73...

Rick, K6VVA
http://www.k6vva.com/cqp2005

* CU in the Ultimate of QSO Parties - The CQP (California QSO Party)
* Oct 1st & 2nd (2005) - The 40th Anniversary Extravaganza Edition!!!
* http//www.cqp.org for details & mark your calendar NOW -)
* I'M GONNA KICK SOME SERIOUS CQP BUTT FROM SBEN !!!