[WriteLog] USING PRO 2 VS PRO 3

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Wed Apr 12 10:45:25 EDT 2006

--- Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr at gmail.com> wrote:

> When we did not have a choice to use PRO 3 as a radio I used PRO 2 and
> set my address to 64.  Now that PRO 3 is an available choice I wonder
> if there is any advantage to changing my pseudo PRO 2 to the real PRO
> 3.

The rig driver in Writelog is probably the same.

The only advantage I could think of is that if you try to use some other
software that supports the Pro III, and configure it to talk to a Pro III, the
software won't work because your radio is now only responding as a Pro II.

I'd switch it back to the correct hex address.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us