[WriteLog] full installation problem

Doug Nelson dougn1 at dslextreme.com
Mon Aug 14 12:50:07 EDT 2006

Trying to setup a second computer with Writelog for emergency use, but
am have trouble installing a full version of WL.

Machine is running Windows 98SE.
MSI installer has been installed.

Here's the sequence of events:

Downloaded full version 1060g. (zipped)
WinZip opens showing 3 files:
    Writelog.setup_msi
    WLFull01.cab
    Setup.exe

Click _install_ on WinZip.
WinZip dialogue box says "WinZip will extract all files to a temporary
folder and run setup.exe"

Click ok.

 WinZip extracts WL setup msi and WL Full cab.  Then WL installer
advisory appears saying "The file Writelog.msi must be zipped with this
setup.exe, but it is not found.
Unzip the writelog.zip file into a temporary directory then run the
resulting setup.exe

I have tried numerous things including numerous downloads of the full
version. I downloaded it on my XP machine and it works perfectly
creating a zip archive on the desktop from which I can run setup.exe.

What am I doing wrong? What have I overlooked?

Thanks for any assistance.

Doug....K6HGF