[WriteLog] WL CW Keying Enhancement

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Tue Aug 22 03:02:48 EDT 2006

This subject just gave me another idea that some others might find useful (depending upon any callsign character "challenges").

I think I may set up TWO separate [mycallsign] CW message keys which should help for 35WPM S&P:

1. One "normal" key to use when calling the guys I work frequently in contests that know my call and how it "feels" spewing out with characters run tightly together (although I'll tweak with this a bit).

2. One "modified" version including ^'s and ramp-downs when calling someone I don't recognize that may have trouble copying the 6 & two V's run together (so I also don't have to change the CW speed for the entire callsign).  I think this is going to be very useful...especially in the ARRL SS when many casual ops are QRV :-)

Regular: k6vva
Modified: k6^>v<^>>v<<^>>a<<

Still not the right "feel" but I'll keep experimenting.  Obviously, setting ^'s and >><< ramp downs will drastically alter things if changing overall CW speeds.

Tnx & 73...

RIck, K6VVA