[WriteLog] LPT CW Keying Blues

Don Kerouac k9nr at daca.net
Tue Dec 19 12:19:12 EST 2006

Thanks to everyone for the kind replies.

I should have stated also that the BIOS is correctly setup and that
CTWin keys the rig via the parallel port with no problem.

Consequently, from the computers perspective, the parallel port is fine.
I'm guessing it is an issue with the older 16 bit code that Writelog
uses and is not a problem with CTWin.

I'm further guessing that the problem is related to the third party
programs that allow Writelog to address the parallel port.

In the past, I setup a friend's computer using "Userport" and it worked
fine.

Kinda frustrating!  CTWin works but doesn't cover all the contests I
work and Writelog won't work.yet.

73.Don