[WriteLog] Mexican RTTY module? - IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 4 11:08:42 EST 2006

I replied directly back to Bob on this subject but I wanted to let everyone know
that the XE RTTY (FMRE International RTTY Contest) module is part of the SM6SRW
third party module set.

However, the FMRE module set located on the WriteLog website does have some
slight problems.  Jorgen fixed the problems in a later release in early 2004 and
asked me to test them, which I did.  The new set of modules apparently was never
released to the public (via the WL website).

I have the 2004 update.  I believe last year I asked Jorgen if I could release
them and never received an answer.  I would normally not due this, but because I
feel it's important that WL users have the latest module for the FMRE contest, I
have uploaded the new set of modules on rttycontesting.com.  Hopefully I won't
get into trouble doing this.

The latest set of SM6SRW are now available from the Downloads Page of
rttycontesting.com.  Beware, this is a 2 MB zipped file!

http://rttycontesting.com/WLCM_SM6SRW_040218.zip

Sorry I won't be around the shack during the contest.  So I won't be able to
reply to any questions regarding this update.

It fixes the following problems to the earlier FMRE module:

Multiplier MC changed to MIC
Rcvd field is no longer filled out on subsequent QSO's with non XE stations
Fixed bug that directed input to Call field instead of Rcvd field when both
fields where filled out

73, Don AA5AU