[WriteLog] RES: [Dx4win] NEW COMPUTERS USB INTERFACE

PY5EG py5eg at inepar.com.br
Sat Feb 18 16:57:30 EST 2006

Thanks Art for tips
Oms

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Art - W6KY [mailto:art-w6ky at sbcglobal.net]
Enviada em: sábado, 18 de fevereiro de 2006 17:27
Para: PY5EG; 'writelog at contesting.com'; Dx4win at mailman.qth.net
Cc: cq-contest at contesting.com
Assunto: Re: [Dx4win] NEW COMPUTERS USB INTERFACE

I have an IBM Thinkpad P4 running DX4WIN and N1MM.
I purchased a USB to 2 serial port converter from
http://www.easysync-ltd.com/
Works like a champ and I haven't noticed and timing
problems. Run CW from the Thinkpad serial and rig
control from the converted USB to serial port.
Running TelNet also.....
73,  Art  W6KY
www.w6ky.com
ps,  think it was abt $25.. Can't beat the price!

--- PY5EG <py5eg at inepar.com.br> wrote:

> Hi Friends:
>
> I'm a frequent user of DX4WIN and Writelog
> interfaced by old lap tops with
> COM ports ,sending CW by LPT1.
> Some of those lap tops are in the end of its lives.
> I have the intention to use newest version of lap
> tops, and all of them with
> USB ports and some without a parallel port LPT.
> I'm sure that several of you already faced this
> problem before and I kindly
> ask your opinion on what is the best existent
> solution for it.
> Thanks in advance
>
> Oms PY5EG
>
> --
> Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de
> antivírus e
>  acredita-se estar livre de perigo.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.