[WriteLog] International DX Cut Number Exchange

Barry w2up at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 19 20:55:34 EST 2006

Yes, they should be written as numbers.  The CW character is a symbol
for an alphanumeric character.  The character it ultimately represents
is what should be on paper, even if a cut number or some other abbreviation.

For a few years in the 70's I was the log checker for the NY State QSO
Party.  I was very surprised to see 5NN written in some logs.

73,
Barry

Bob Naumann - W5OV wrote:
> I try to always "translate" the cut numbers.
>
> ATT is 100, NN is 99, etc.

Barry Kutner, W2UP
Newtown, PA