[WriteLog] Ways to Display Multipliers?

K7ZO (Scott Tuthill) k7zo at cableone.net
Thu Feb 23 00:38:24 EST 2006

As we have become more familiar using Writelog at NK7U in a multi-op
environment we have started to wish there was a way to display a broad view
of multipliers to give us a sense of what we have worked and what we still
need. From what we can tell there are two general ways to do this:

1. Using the Check Call window will tell us if the callsign in the Log Entry
window is a new mult and if we need it on other bands. This is handy to know
if we should pass the station.

2. Using the Contest | Show Multiplier screen. This is pretty close to what
we would want but it is not something we can keep permanently open in the
WriteLog window. It needs its own dedicated screen space like the Bandmap.
But, there really is not a good way to create screen space for it that we
can see -- other than compromising the size of the bandmap. And, the size of
the multiplier screen changes depending on the specific area of the world
chosen so it is a hard screen to always keep in the foreground. Also from
what I can see the screen can't be re-sized, the font changed, etc.

In search through the Help file I also came across this reference:

"Multiplier Status Display

Each Multiplier module has its own status display available at Multiplier
Show. In most cases, it is a graphic showing multipliers yet to be worked in
red, and already logged multipliers in gray, or color coded by band.

You can modify the font that it uses by editing the [Multiplier] section in
Writelog.ini."

This sounds intriguing but I can't find a reference to it in any of the
WriteLog menus. Does anyone have any more ideas or knowledge about this
display?

Or, does anyone have a different solution to our problem. And, I don't mean
getting a second display per station.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Scott/K7ZO