[WriteLog] Networking question - follow up - HELP!

Bob Crossland Bob.Crossland at telcove.com
Fri Jan 13 10:04:48 EST 2006

The plot thickens!!  And this get even more strange.

I can confirm that I have networking between the 2 machines at the
Windows level.  And, I think I have networking between the 2 machines
within WriteLog, and my reason for saying that is this.  After doing the
"acquiring the network" and "linking" between the 2 PC's within
WriteLog, I try entering contacts, nothing.  I try sending a network
"gab" between the 2 PC's, nothing.  Now those 2 scenarios seem to say to
me that the network within Writelog is not working, however, if I shut
down just one of the instances of WriteLog on one of the PC's, the other
PC notifies me by way of the network activity box that PC "A" "Lost
network with PC "B"", and that seems to tell me that there is in fact a
WriteLog network established.

I really need some guidance on this one folks, as I've done all I can
think of to do in an attempt to get this running.

Does anyone in this group think that the fact that I'm running WriteLog
10.46G may be the problem?  I'm going to upgrade to the latest version
but was hesitant doing so right before the NAQP contest.

Opinions, guidance, suggestions all very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bob, N3FR