[WriteLog] WL ini vs registry entries

Don Cassel ve3xd at rogers.com
Sat Jul 8 06:48:20 EDT 2006

In the FWIW department I would NOT like to see the registry being used for
WL settings as long as it is necessary for us users to edit it to make WL do
its stuff. Editing the registry is much more challenging and dangerous and
not to be treated lightly and is not a good idea for the unsophisticated
user. Using the registry for this purpose should only be done when ALL WL
settings are available directly from the program as has been discussed
several times lately in the related threads.

BTW, I use a lot of software and WL is the only one that requires settings
to be changed/added/deleted from an .ini file. All others have Options menus
and/or dialog boxes for anything that the user can change. This approach
would avoid much of the confusion that WL users are having especially those
who don't take time to read the documentation which seems to happen
frequently on this reflector.

Don VE3XD