[WriteLog] K1EL Keyer

ROBERT CARROLL w2wg at comcast.net
Thu Jun 15 12:39:34 EDT 2006

I am not a frequent user of Writelog, so this is probably a simple matter,
but I need some help.  In previous years I have used serial port keying  for
cw with Writelog and other programs but did not like the stuttering which
sometimes occurred.  I moved QTHs about a year ago, but just before moving
got a WinKey and used it with Logic.  I really like the keyer.  Having
gotten a tower and antenna up at the new QTH, today I fired up Writelog,
found everything in working order and tired to activate the Winkey.  It is
on port 1.  But despite setting the port and telling Writelog I am using
WinKey I get not a peep from the keyer even with the paddles attached to it.
Can anyone guide me to how to get things working?  The keyer still works
fine with LOGIC so I am sure it is not a keyer issue.  My version of
Writelog is a few months old, and I am using an Orion.

Bob W2WG