[WriteLog] config files

Ford Peterson ford at cmgate.com
Fri Jun 23 19:26:47 EDT 2006

Running XP Home with TCP/IP network with ALL firewalls disabled.  WL10.59D

We are doing a M/M for Field Day (<18 hours away) and have managed to lose all my hair.  The problem?

We have configured WL to store wav files for the operators.  That is all working as expected.  There are several "save" functions in WL and they seem to conflict.

For example, our "MAIN" computer holds the log that all other op positions point to for storage.  But when you "Save As" your local copy, all the wave files no longer work.  You have to go back and reconfigure the pointer in the PORTS screen, and change operators (even though your name appears in the "operator" window.  Also, when you "SAVE CONFIGURATION" at a local machine, it loses track of where the wav files are again.  Near as I can figure, even though the operator's name is on the screen, you have to go back and change operators again if you have executed ANY save function locally.

I have noted that certain "Save" functions will cause the network to drop too.

A few minutes ago, my CW Macros disappeared.  Apparently they too were lost when screweiing around with the save functions.  This is very frustrating!

This appears to be a coding BUG in the software.  The various "save" utilities are in direct conflict with one another as they appear to alter other save functions.  I have not been able to track down all the messed up save functions, but these appear to be quite repeatable Bugs.

Are others experiencing this or am I missing something?

Ford-N0FP
ford at cmgate.com