[WriteLog] Networked Ops (long)

Bruce King bruce at regis-consulting.com
Mon Jun 26 19:06:03 EDT 2006

Hi Ford,

Sorry to hear about your FD difficulties. Perhaps the discussion that
you generated will help improve/repair Writelog's M/M networking.

I can at least shed some light on the propagation of dupes. I have found
that when creating the "master" log to be distributed to the "slave"
stations, it is not enough to create the log and do a save
configuration. You must also register the log to accept network
connections first. Then distribute the log for local use.

And yes, you are right to expect a "short" set up session to be all
that's needed to get going in a stable M/M environment. My experience
has been just that. But, I'm also willing to assume that something may
have degraded from one release to another. Your observations are
particularly valuable in helping generate a list of what no longer seems
to work as expected, and the environment and sequence of events that
cause the problems to occur. Keep 'em coming.

73 Bruce W1CSM