[WriteLog] Anyone using FT9000 with Writelog?

Ed k4sb at comcast.net
Tue Jun 27 13:11:09 EDT 2006

miles wrote:

> At any baud rate, the serial link between writelog and the Ft9000
> drops "No Radio" shows up on the display.

> I have tried all baud rates from 4800 - 9600.

The cable is a stock 9 pin serial.

The link only stays up for a short time then drops.
----------------
Well, I've seen 3 causes for this using my OMNI VIB+.

1. The computer in use is too fast.

2. The computer in use is too slow.

3. In both cases, assuming the serial port is OK, it simply was a
matter of the computer ( or radio ) interrogating each other too
often. Results are "head on collisions" for lack of a better
description.

I've found that dropping to a much lower baud rate solves the
problem for me. Think I have the OMNI set at either 1200 or 2400.

Hope this helps.

73
Ed