[WriteLog] Dual MMTTY - Timed CQ - SO2R

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Thu Mar 9 07:10:26 EST 2006

Ted,

I think the consensus we have reached is that alternating cq does not work
in rtty. In fact, my experience is that it will not even Auto Restart after
the focus leaves that window (to the other radio) and returns. I always
have to manually restart the timed cq after sending any message on the
other radio or even clicking on a call to put it on the band map. I use the
%x feature but that does not seem to do any good. Anything getting entered
in the qso entry window of the other radio seems to break the timed cq logic.

I think someone said that there was one combination that would restart.  I
am trying to sort thru this because I enter lots of calls on the band map
when one radio is S&P so it is becoming a nuisance.

Jerry, W6IHG

At 07:22 AM 3/8/2006 -0800, Ted Huf wrote:
>I am trying to set up Writelog for SO2R RTTY.  I have
>success so far with all be the alternating timed CQ.
>It seems that once I start the CQ on rig L, I can not
>start it on R and make it alternate.  Is anyone out
>there running dual MMTTY with Writelog and does
>alternating timed CQ work for you and how to you do
>it?
>
>Computer:
>Dell Dimension 8200 with two sounds cards
>
>Rig L:
>IC-756PRO3
>microKEYER running FSK, rig control, PTT and audio
>MMTTY sound card ID-1.
>
>Rig R:
>IC-706mkIIg
>MicroHAM USB II interface; rig control and audio.
>RigBlaster PRO FSK from real com port and PTT
>MMTTY sound card ID 3.
>
>Ted W4ZE

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton at shentel.net