[WriteLog] Windows COM Port Problem?

Steve GW4BLE GW4BLE at btconnect.com
Sun Mar 12 12:47:21 EST 2006

This is something which has happened ever since I had this computer (Hewlett
Packard Pavilion T461, about two years old and running XP), and is something
I thought to get to grips with "some time".

Scenario is this - -

Computer switched on, maybe for email or general use, but radios (2 x
1000MP) are switched off; some time later (could be an hour, maybe several
hours) the radios are switched on and the appropriate radio software booted
up (this could be DX4WIN or Writelog), but - for whatever reason (that's THE
problem) - the COM ports do not communicate with the radios. I have to
switch off, and reboot the PC in order for the COM ports to "see" the radio.
The particular COM ports have *not* been used for any other devices, so
something else "grabbing" the COM ports doesn't appear to be the issue.

OK, this is not *that* serious, just a little bit annoying, and (as stated
at the beginning) is one of those things to get to grips with "some time".
So, maybe today's that day!

Anyone any idea as to what needs to be done to resolve this?

73

Steve

GW4BLE