[WriteLog] ESM - Been there for years

Charles Morrison cfmorris at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 19 13:28:31 EST 2006

Actually Jim, I never paid much attention to the existance of this feature
until the post this weekend.  I tried it in the BARTG.  With nothing in the
qso entry window, hit enter and it sends cq.  Assuming the guy comes back to
you, type in or click his call, hit enter, it sends the 001 time macro, he
comes back with his qso and time and hit enter a third time and it logs it,
sends the tu and qrz and returns to normal.

I think this is the greatest thing in the world for a run radio when you've
gotten about 40 hours into CQWW and you're not exactly sure where you are
anymore.  Wish I'd have paid more attention in the past.

Charlie
KI5XP