[WriteLog] QRM

Bob Naumann - W5OV W5OV at W5OV.com
Mon Mar 20 17:32:18 EST 2006

Denis,

If you have a 500Hz filter or 270Hz in the 8.33 use them.

The 2.7KHz filter is asking for trouble on a mode where you need less than
200Hz to receive signals.

73,

Bob W5OV

-----Original Message-----
From: Denis O' Flynn [mailto:ei6hb at eircom.net]
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 1:45 PM
To: writelog at contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] QRM

Ho Folks,
I hope somebody can help me with my problem

I am using my Kenwood 850S with MMTTY and WL 10.55D. When doing the last few
RTTY contests I find I cant get rid of adjacent signals. I use the
2.7kfilter on the 8.33 and the 500 on the 455. I have to turn the Low Cut
Slope Tune nearly fully clockwise and the High Cut slightly anticlockwise in
order to be able to copy anything. This is real annoying !! especially on
40M.

I am assuming that I am doing something really wrong here and would like the
groups advise.

I find this a great list for learning new things about this fab piece of
software.

de Denis
EI6HB