[WriteLog] Need WriteLog help - Radio does not see s/w command

Joe Subich, W4TV W4TV at subich.com
Wed Mar 29 01:42:41 EST 2006

> You (Jerry) have com2 set for: 9600,n,8,1.  Is this what your
> PIEXX board is expecting?

The Piexx (UX-14px) can be set for either 1200 or 9600 baud on
the CI-V (1/8" jack) port.  The RS-232 port can be set for
4800 or 9600 baud.  The US-14px uses 8 bit, no parity, one stop
bit.

Under some circumstances Windows 98 will not pass data to the
application if the handshake signals are not asserted.  Since the
UX-14px does not support handshake you may want to tie CTS to RTS
and DSR to DTR and make sure those lines are set high.

> What about the Hex address for your radio?  Does the PIEXX
> use a different address than the default for the 751A?

The Piexx (UX-14px) can be set for any address - it's dip switch
programmable.  However, the default in the UX-14px manual is 1C
(normal for an IC-751).

> What settings do you have in the other software that works
> with the radio?

The bigger question is how is the US-14px configured?

What is the setting of DIP switch 4?  Is it set of 4 byte (IC-735)
or 5 byte frequency data?  Some of the CI-V test programs understand
either and will switch automatically.

73,

    ... Joe Subich, W4TV
        microHAM America