[WriteLog] Importing ADIF and QSL files

VE3SUN - Peter peterj at benlo.com
Tue May 23 08:41:37 EDT 2006

As C31LJ, I am changing QSL managers to VE3EXY who tells me that he uses
WriteLog to print the labels. Previous QSLing was done by VE3GEJ using a
custom program I wrote. VE3GEJ passed away a few weeks ago.

I sent VE3EXY a simple ADIF file - in the same format I used successfully
for LOTW, eQSL, and other programs.

<CALL:5>4X6KF<QSO_DATE:8>20050319<TIME_ON:4>1227<BAND:3>10M<MODE:2>CW<RST_SENT:3>599<EOR>
<CALL:5>C39JS<QSO_DATE:8>20050319<TIME_ON:4>1232<BAND:3>15M<MODE:2>CW<RST_SENT:3>599<EOR>

I see the WL export ADIF includes lots more fields.

He says WriteLog doesn't respond at all to attempts to import this file. No
joy. No error messages.

I would also like to transfer the QSL SENT list. He showed me the format for
that file and it seems to include a "record number" of some sort. I am not
sure how to generate that for WL. Is it possible?

RECV 2004-01-28 00883 PA5TT        ^M$
RECV 2004-01-28 02184 PA5TT        ^M$

Just wondering if it is going to be possible to import the information he
needs into WriteLog.

Not being a WL user, I am unsure as to how to proceed at this point. If WL
can import the log and QSL sent info in any format, I can generate the
needed file.

I was also looking for a download of a trial WL so I could try this myself,
but didn't see one. Did I miss it?

TIA,
Peter
VE3SUN AB6WM C31LJ