[WriteLog] Re cut numbers

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Fri May 26 17:47:47 EDT 2006

Hi Dennis and the group,

OK, now I am puzzled. I thought it was the %N3 that needed something extra,
but on checking my set up, I see that is exactly what I have and it does
send TT1 for 001.

However, my only question was HOW you tested the number?
Did you have (for example) a buffer with JUST the number (ie %N3) in it? If
so, that MIGHT be the problem.
As far as I can recall, you must have a valid callsign in the callsign
field, and then you can send the buffer that sends the report (usually F2)
containing something like TU 5NN %N3 KN
If you don't have the callsign, I don't think it will work properly.

The other alternative is that you have the section marked incorrectly. You
have to have exactly what is written between the [ and the ] or it will not
recognise that section as cut numbers.

Let us know if you solve the problem!

73 de Phil GU0SUP