[WriteLog] Wave file problems

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Tue Nov 21 21:16:05 EST 2006

Mike, K4GMH, iinquired:

> During SS SSB as a M/S, we had a couple of problems with V 10.61E.

> This delay kept us from using wave
> files.  Any ideas on how to eliminate this delay in transmitting wave files?

1. Did you have this same problem with an earlier version of WL?  If not, that might be a clue.

2. How long since you've done a full DEFRAG of your hard drive?  If not for a while, do it NOW and try things again :-)

3. By chance, were you also trying to record the contest via WL on the same computer? If so, this could have caused you delays in playing .wav files.

4. If you want to play .wav files "chained" together (i.e., you push F2 then F3 then F4 and want things to flow smoooooothly, be sure and remember to leave one "space" after the <something.wav> you put in each WL message slot.

Hope the above may be of help.

73...

Rick, K6VVA