[WriteLog] SSB Message Syntax

Jack jackspace at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 19:30:03 EDT 2006

I'm setting up my messages for the California QSO Party this weekend.  I've checked the website as well as the great K9JY
 site but can't find a full description of the % codes or the correct syntax for putting together a message buffer.

For instance, I want my message to say:

(other station's call) thank you you're number (serial number) Mariposa County, over

Fine, this seems a simple matter of just entering this into F3's buffer:

%C <thank_you.wav>%3<mariposa_county.wav><over.wav>

For the wav files, I already have a bunch recorded using the names above.

However it starts by telling me it cannot find the file .wav and space.wav.  When it pronounces the serial number it only gives the cut-number "O", then the message halts.  I DID go back and tell it where the WAV files are located.

This setup works beautifully in CW and RTTY contests.  So I'm sure it's just a matter of getting my wav-file syntax correct.

73 and look for me portable operating portable near Yosemite in Mariposa County, California.

Jack, K6JEB