[WriteLog] LPT port access

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Sun Oct 8 08:59:59 EDT 2006

Clive,

If you are following the Direct I/O instructions in their Q600003 article,
there is a vital step missing. After setting the Parallel Port addresses in
step 2, you must click on the ADD button and then you can go on to step 3
on the Security tab. See the Writelog archieves for all the times we have
omitted this step!

Once you get it set up it works like a charm.

73,

Jerry, W6IHG

At 09:50 AM 10/8/2006 +0000, Clive Whelan wrote:
>I need to use pin14 of an LPT port for control of an
>external A/B switch
>

>I have downloaded userport and configured as per the
>writelog help file, but still all LPT ports are greyed out
>in the configure dialog. I therefore downloaded directio (
>trial version) with equal lack of success. I am configuring
>LPT1 for Hex 378-37B. I get the feeling I am missing some
>vital step, but can't think what that might be.
>

>Advice appreciated.
>

>73
>

>Clive
>GW3NJW