[WriteLog] WL Audio Recording Enhancement Needs...

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Fri Oct 20 02:26:53 EDT 2006

WL Audio Recording Enhancement Needs...

Tonight I discovered about 3 unwanted GIGABYTES of WL audio recordings and more in process starting to cause some computer keying glitches.

I dunno why I unintentionally had left the Audio Recording turned ON (apparently from a previous session when I left WL open & just put the computer in "Suspend"), but I would really like to see at least the word "RECORDING" in bold red type show up somewhere on the screen when Audio Recording is turned on.  Conversely, if it's not there (and I want to record), that tells me I need to turn it ON.

Perhaps RECORD ON in bold red and Record Off in black at the same spot on the screen would be more appropriate.

Unless I've overlooked how to scale down the recorded .wav chunck max size from 155MB to maybe 15MB or 20M, I would also like to suggest an option to select the max file size that works best with an end user's own computers. In spite of having a fast Ghz notebook computer, the larger files appear to be causing some keying problems and hang-up glitches.  It's also a lot more efficient to scroll through a smaller file with an approximate log time to search for (from the .txt) file and these monster 155MB .wav's.

If someone wants to string all the .wav files from a contest together into one file, there are batching programs to do this automatically...so more smaller files is not biggie.

One more thing...it would be very helpful to see the actual date/time of the recorded .wav file via WinDOZE Explore vs . having to open a separate .txt file.

As a former on-air D.J. and a recording engineer, some kind of non-promiscuous red light (ON-AIR) or on the console would always show if a live or "Record" mode was activiated.  Please...can we have this helpful visual operating aid incorporated into WL?

Tnx much & 73...

Rick, K6VVA