[WriteLog] RS232 extra com ports on a laptop

Mark Klocksin mpklocksin at ameritech.net
Sat Oct 21 18:51:07 EDT 2006

Bob, I just went through this last weekend.  In my case, I used two
Keyspan usb-serial adapters, and it worked FB--once we got through my
"pilot error."

The first thing is to determine if your COM 5 and COM 6 are working.
I have a little "serial port tester," which was quite handy.  If you
don't have that capability, do you have any other device or software
that supports COM 5 and COM 6?  If so, you should test it with that
to be sure your ports are actually working.  Once that's done, you're
pretty sure the problem is in your configuration.

I sounds like you might be trying to assign the same com port number
to both ports.  If so, you need to assign them to their own unique
number.
Also, I would try assigning only one com port to the rig at a time in
WriteLog.

Hope this helps.

73, Mark WA9IVH