[WriteLog] [NCCC] WL Dupe Check & Super Check Partial Enhancement

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Tue Oct 24 15:23:35 EDT 2006

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006, Alan, AD6E, wrote:

 > Let me see if I understand this...
 >
 > Enter a digit (0-9) would display all calls with that number that are IN THE
 > LOG at this point .. right?  Not a display of all unworked calls from SPC
 > which is the norm.  Typing a second character would return the window back
 > to the normal SPC function... which it already does. The purpose of this is
 > to quickly identify dupes while S&P.

This would be a "Rogue-urrr", OM.

 > Locust, that's a great idea!

Tnx, OM...I thought so :-)

 > It certainly pushes the envelope a bit.

PRECISELY...just like we need to "push the envelope" to work more Q's &
Mults in a Contest (isn't that what it's all about ?).

 > I'm not sure how useful it would be for WPX or Sprint, but for SS it would
 > be a real help. No need to use X keys either .. just type a number in the
 > call entry field. Simple!

The purpose of using a 0-9 bank of X-KEYS is to also then auto-wipe (ALT +
K) the callsign field without additional keystrokes.

Now, what I neglected to include in my original enhancement request/post,
is to tighten things up for ASAP visual scans.

Picture this:

In the SCP window, a FIXED width font is used, so that the number
(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, or 0) is ALWAYS in the same column position.  If the
displayed callsign is AD6E, there will be NO blank spaces to the left of
"A".  If the callsign is K6VVA, there will be one blank space to the left
of "K".

If all callsigns are auto-sorted & displayed alphabetically (within their
own numeric identifier group), for WPX this would, IMHO, also be very cool.

The key is to give the serioius end user more "options".  The status quo
can keep treading water as always if desired.  For those of us who are
"envelope pushers", it's BINGO time!

 > Unfortunately, this may require more than just a line or two of code.

Naw :-)

73...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust