[WriteLog] WL SKED Feature Enhancement Request

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Tue Oct 31 02:16:39 EST 2006

One of the nice things about WriteLog is the ability to "Browse" for
CW/SSB/RTTY message setup configurations to simply import and quickly
modify portions (if needed) when you setup a new contest.

I'm repeating my past request for an enhancement to the WL SKED Feature,
because it would save everyone a tremendous amount of time.

Do you realize how many keystrokes and mouse clicks are currently needed to
enter just one "SKED" in WL???   If you've got 20 entries...Ugh!

Unless you're SO2R, have you ever forgotten to periodically check other
bands for possible openings?  I think we also need one more "INFO" field
for whatever unique stuff we need to include.  Some of you may also need a
SKED reminder to put the dog out to go to the bathroom before the carpet
gets soiled :-)

Picture being able to simply type all the following (generic duplicated
examples) and copy/paste dates into ONE .tab text type file and have WL
automatically grab the data vs. the current time consuming one-by-one
procedure to setup one SKED.  You could also use Excel and export as a tab
delimited file.

somedate sometime frequency/band callsign/item infoyouneedtoadd
[...]

An ASCII .csv file could also work.  It's all about saving keystrokes and
efficiency of data input.

FYI & 73...

Rick, K6VVA