[WriteLog] W5XD Keyer

Tom Fitzpatrick hamk4ie at alltel.net
Tue Sep 5 10:42:09 EDT 2006

I have submitted this problem before, but have further information.
      My W5XD keyer has become virtually uncontrollable.  It only sends about about 50wpm and higher.
      I completely uninstalled WL and tried the keyer stand-alone with the same result.
     I recently upgraded my OS to XP and bought the latest version of WL (10.60).  Everything works fine.  The keying started out at 50wpm, and I was able to slow it down with the page down key.  However, when I use the remote speed control, it goes back to 50wpm at a certain point.
      Someone suggested the remote pot is defective.  This may be true.  I experimented by dropping low value then high value fixed resistances across the pot with no change.
     Could there be another problem besides the pot?
     Thanks,
      Tom, K4IE