[WriteLog] Writelog, microHAM DigiKeyer, Icom Pro III RTTY problem

Larry M. Leitch LMLeitch at comcast.net
Sun Sep 24 16:26:09 EDT 2006

Hi,

Here is my setup: Rig: Icom 756 Pro III; Software: Writelog 10.60G;
Interface: microHAM Digi Keyer.

I can not get RTTY to transmit in either AFSK or FSK mode. Receive works
fine, and the CAT works (radio frequency is correctly displayed on the
Radio button in the Writelog main window) I have read the tutorial pages
at Rttycontesting.com.

I suspect that the problem is associated with the
Rttyrite...Port...Software generated FSK and the Digi Keyer.
Here is a quote from rttycontesting.com

It is also not possible to generate FSK on any other pin of a serial
port other than TxD.  Thus, you cannot generate FSK in WriteLog using a
Microham "USB Interface II"
<http://www.microham.com/USB%20interfaces.html> model which only keys
FSK on the DTR pin.
End qoute.

Does this also apply to a Digi Keyer?

Should a DVK Type be selected on the Port Setup window?

I have no trouble running either AFSK or FSK with Mixw.

I used to be able to run Writelog 10.5. Is it possible to get an older
version of Writelog?

Many thanks in advance.

Larry

K3FIT