[WriteLog] CW and SSB Message Fix?

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Thu Sep 28 00:23:25 EDT 2006

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Jamie Dupree NS3T wrote:

 > I had no bug at my end Rick.  I operated mixed mode in the IARU with
 > 20 recorded wav files in the SSB message slots and all 20 CW messages
 > filled.

What version of WL are you running?  K5DJ sent me a note saying he thought
the problem was fixed in v10.61E.

 > I was able to do full mixed mode SO2R, whether it was calling CQ in
 > CW or with recorded wav files and S&P'ing in the other mode.

 > What was your bug?  I looked in the archives and couldn't find a
 > description.

It was a bug I reported directly to Ron methinks about a year ago (around
CQP time when I discovered the problem). In a nutshell, WL would not allow
using all available messages slots for CW and SSB (Shift + Function Keys)
at the same time.  You could have all 20 CW messages, but only 10 SSB
messages.  If you wanted all 20 SSB messages, you could only have 10 CW
messages.  It required changing the setup back and forth, but you could
never have all 20 of each mode at the same time.  As the main "Crusader"
for the extra 10 SSB message slots that Wayne kindly added, I found the
situation a bit odd at the time.

What I am really QRX for is the "Unlimited SSB Messages" implementation
that I hope Wayne will also do (suggested solution sent quite a while
back).  IMHO, that will put and keep WL at the top of the Contest Logging
Automation ballgame for quite some time!  Using external X-Keys will make
it all rock nicely.

 > On the subject, I hope to have my SSB files fully ready for the Nov SS.
 > I have over 12,000 wav files now recorded and am slowly making it
 > fully operational.

VERY COOL...I had so much other "stuff" get in the way of my Monster
recording task (well, cough-cough, some contesting and the time-intensive
IOTA NA-178 Project).  Man...you've got a massive .wav collection!  I'll
look forward to working your fully automated setup in SS.

73...

RIck, K6VVA