[WriteLog] Contest output problem

samlollar at verizon.net samlollar at verizon.net
Thu Sep 28 23:22:35 EDT 2006

I again need help with a out put problem.

On 160m, 80m, and 40m; with my rig showing the correct band map when set in WriteLog setup, any function (message) key used will give me a output with diddle. However, on 30m, 20m, 17m, 15m, 12m and 10m; when I use a function (message) key, I get “WriteLog sound error” “C:\program files\writelog\wavefiles\msg2.wav not found” with no output or diddle.

I thought this might be a software problem, because all worked ok until I upgraded to version 1061.  I uninstalled my WriteLog program and reinstalled full version 1055 with upgrade to version 1058. I still have the same out put problem.  I did find on the upgrade to version 1061 and on the reinstalled version 1055 with upgrade to version 1058, with no rig specified in setup, all bands would work with output and diddle when a function (message) key is used.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks
Sam, K1SL
samlollar at verizon.net