[WriteLog] USB to serial port devices

Barry w2up3 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 31 08:46:13 EDT 2007

Hi all,
I'm setting up a new computer that has no native serial ports.  I bought
a USB to 4 port serial port adapter which uses the Prolific chipset.
It's not working properly.  In DX4WIN, frequency control works, but the
mode is wrong.  In Writelog, it's not working at all.  I've tried
updating the drivers on the CD included, with those on Prolific's web
site without success.

Any thoughts on what I might be missing?  If not, can anyone recommend a
USB to serial device (and where to get it) that works for them for rig
control (Icom) and CW generation under XP with Writelog and/or DX4WIN?

Tnx,
Barry